Information collected and how do we use it?
At Home with the Hicks’s we only collect information that enables us to operate properly as a business. We will collect information for the following reasons:
● When you use our “Contact Us” page, we ask for your name and email address which allows us to provide you with a better service in responding to your enquiries.
● We collect data when you book a design consultation as we will require your name, address, contact number and email address.
● Information will be collected when purchasing products linked to the design service. We will use your personal data such as name and address when ordering products through third party suppliers to ensure goods are delivered correctly.
N.B. We do NOT accept payments through our website and ONLY accept bank transfers for payment for design consultations and product purchases. Therefore, debit/credit card information isn’t obtained.
Protecting your information
We use software to secure our networks and working devices to ensure your information is kept safe.
The software will save a cookie to your computer's hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information.
N.B. If you do decline the download of cookies, some aspects of our site may not work or allow you access.
We will only disclose data collected about you and your visits to our site at any time when we are legally required to or to prevent fraud and help in fraud protection in order to reduce credit risk, we may disclose information.
Personal Data Storage
● Any data provided will be stored on a secure server.
● We will hold data for no longer than is necessary, unless you request your data to be withdrawn.
● Data related to any design projects will be held for the duration of the design project and will be removed once the project is complete.
We will only disclose necessary information to third party suppliers that assist us with delivering products to you.
We do not accept liability for third party links as we have no control over them.
Accessibility to Data
As per the Data Protection Act 1998, we cannot withhold any of your personal information. Therefore, you can request access to any information we might hold on you.